Monday, July 03, 2017

A couple of notes when uploading your creations...

Hello ladies,

I just have a few notes regarding uploading pictures of your creations. To help me find things easier, I'd appreciate it if you could add your name as a label to each of your posts. Sometimes if people work ahead and there are lots of posts to scroll through, it is simply easier for me to cue in the label of the person's name to find all of their projects. I have gone ahead and added your names to each of your posts so far but I'm hoping that you can do so yourself in the future.

Additionally, when adding a picture of your project to the post, please click on the image and resize it to large. This is the size that I put them in the challenge blog and it just saves me one more step when adding them to the GDT posts. When you originally upload your images they automatically default to a medium size so taking just a moment to click on large once you have them in place, will be a great help to me.

Finally, there are two additional steps that you can do when adding your posts to help make my life easier. However, I completely understand if you find them too difficult to do so.

First of all, thank you for adding the name(s) of the image(s)/sentiment(s) used in each of your projects. It is important that I have that info as I don't know all of Sandy's images, and if you end up using something that you didn't order, I may not realize it is an SD creation and I wouldn't have a record of it anyway.

One of the things that would help me out is to actually link the name of the image and/or sentiment to its location in the SD store. When you order the images you are supposed to provide a store link anyway so you should have them on hand for those that you order during the month at least. I know the store can be a bit difficult for finding images but there is a search button and there are also categories in the sidebar if you get no where with a search.

The second thing that would be helpful is to add a copy of the watermark from the store for those images that you have used in your projects. Please note though that if you use a 'free' image, there will generally be no watermark so the link will suffice in those cases. You do not have to save a copy of the images and then upload them--a simple copy and paste from the store to your post will suffice. Since you'll have the link, it is a simple matter of just going over, right clicking and scrolling down to choose 'copy image' (or wording to that effect) and then coming back and pasting the image into your post. If you are able to do this, resize the watermarked images to medium.

You can see examples of how this is done by checking out your recent posts. I have gone in and added the links and watermarks so that come the end of the week, it is much quicker for me putting together the GDT post going out on July 8.

Since you are expected to provide links to the store on your personal blogs to the images you have used in your projects I am hoping that it won't be too onerous to provide them on your post in the GDT blog as well. If adding the watermarks is just too difficult then don't worry about it.

You may be asking, "if these tasks are so simple, why can't you just go ahead and do them yourself?" The honest answer is that I can but they take up precious minutes that I don't have a lot of to spare. For example, just finding and adding the links and watermarks for the four posts that have already been added here to this blog took me over 30 minutes to accomplish.

Anyway, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If you have any questions, just let me know. Now it is time for me to go and actually comment on the awesome designs uploaded thus far!!!

♥Lisa


No comments: